The king of fruits is here and it would be an injustice to its honourable glory if you don’t try some season special mango recipes. We all love mangoes, don’t we? I am yet to find someone who doesn’t. The versatile taste of mango allows it to be paired with multiple dishes, adding its own unique flavour of tangy sweetness. Through this blog, I am bringing you 3 special diet mango recipes, you shouldn’t wait a minute to try.
All these recipes take less than 20 minutes to make. The ingredients are easily available in your kitchen pantry or could be bought from your nearby general store. These are simple recipes with mango that are high in flavours and take minimal effort on your part. So step into your kitchen and indulge yourself in the luxurious delicacy of ripe yellow mangoes.
Scroll down to see our 2 special mango recipes in this blog.
- Mango Salsa Salad Bowl
Mango Salad is not a joke. It comes with a dressing that you would chug in seconds.
Ever considered that mango would be part of a salad bowl? All we ever consider of a salad bowl is a mix of unlikeable vegetables tossed with bland seasoning. Not really. You need a mind-blowing recipe like this to give you a mindset change.
We present you the flavoursome, nutrient-enriched and minerals packed, wholesome mango salad recipe. This salad would be a meal in itself and you could have it for lunch or dinner depending on your mood.
For the Salsa
- 1 Finely chopped Mango
- ½ Finely chopped Tomato
- ½ Finely chopped Onion
- 2-3 chopped/slit Green Chillies
- Chopped coriander
- Half lemon
For the dressing
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TSP Chilli Powder
- 1 TSP Cumin Powder
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
For the bowl
- 1 cup Quinoa or Rice
- ½ Cup Boiled Kidney Beans/ Canned Beans
- ½ cup boiled corn
Step by step instructions to make Mango Salsa Salad Bowl
- Prep and get together all the ingredients. Chop your veggies and fruits. Cook your rice or Quinoa. Boil your corns and kidney beans.
- We shall first make the salsa. Mix Mango, Onions, Tomatoes and Green Chillies in a bowl. Season it with salt and pepper. Squeeze half lemon into the mix and add finely chopped coriander to it. Mix this all well and keep your salsa aside.
- The next step is to prepare the salad dressing. In a small bowl, add chilli and coriander powder to 2 TBSP olive oil. Add 1 TBSP honey and salt and pepper to the dressing. Mix this all well before adding 1 TBSP lemon juice to it. Stir well and keep it aside.
- The last and final step of this simple mango recipe is to assemble the salad bowl. Take a large bowl. Now, add quinoa/ rice to it. Add Boiled Kidney beans, corn and prepared salsa to the bowl. Pour the dressing over the bowl and mix everything well.
Your Mango Salsa Salad bowl is ready. This salad bowl is a properly balanced meal in itself and will satiate your tastebuds with its delicious scrumptiousness.
- Overnight Dark chocolate Mango Oats
You are in for a sweet treat when it’s Mango season. Dark chocolate and Mango have always remained a hit pair. With this recipe, we are giving your morning breakfast a happy kick by giving our favourite mangoes an unusual twist. You need to try these overnight Dark chocolate mango oats, whether or not you love the idea of oats in breakfast. We assure you that there is no other reaction to this recipe other than loving it.
Modify the recipe with alternatives as you like.
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk/ skimmed milk/ regular milk.
- 3 TBSP mango pulp/ Puree
- 2 TBSP roughly chopped dark chocolate pieces.
- ¼ cup Granola
- 4 Almonds thinly sliced or roughly chopped
- 3-4 walnuts roughly chopped
- Pumpkin/ Sunflower or mix seeds
- 1 TSP Chia seeds
- 1 Mango finely chopped
- 1 TBSP honey or Maple Syrup
Step by step instructions to make Mango overnight rolled oats.
- Mix together rolled oats, almond milk, mango puree, Honey and dark chocolate pieces in a bowl or Jar.
- Add Seeds and Nuts to the bowl and give it a good mix. You can add walnuts, almonds, cashews, raisins and other dry fruits of your choice.
- Refrigerate this overnight.
- Next morning, give this all a good mix and adjust the consistency with 1 TBSP milk if needed.
- Empty this mixture into a clean nice bowl. Now, finely chop one ripe mango and add it to the bowl.
- Add Granola to the mix and your Overnight rolled oats are ready to be devoured.
You can skip seeds altogether. You can replace honey with maple syrup or any other sweetener of your choice. Skip Granola if you don’t like that. However, the granola would add crunch and flavour bomb to the oats and I would totally recommend it. Choose the nuts you love and get a kickstart to your day.
These recipes are perfect for days when you are running on your toes but cannot compromise your diet. These are perfectly balanced and will leave you satiated after every consumption. Give this a try and look forward to more fun and exciting recipes.