| Aam Ka Achaar | Mango Pickle Recipe |
Mango pickle or Aam Ka Achaar is a spicy and tangy condiment. Almost every Indian household has their own favorite recipes for Mango Pickle.
You can also try Aam Ka Hing Wala Achar Recipe
Raw Mango (Kachchi Kerry)- 2 kg
Fenugreek seeds (Methi Dana)- 50 gm
Onion seeds (Kalaunji)– 25 gm
Fennel seeds (Saunf) – 25 gm
Red chilli Powder – 50 gm
Turmeric powder – 50 gm
Mustard oil – 200 ml
Salt- 200 gm
- Wash and peel the raw mangoes. Cut them in cubes of four or six pieces removing the seeds.
- Spread the mango pieces to dry under sun on a clean cloth for about 5 to 6 hours.
- Now take a large bowl and transfer all the dry ingredients- methi dana, saunf, kalaunji, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix all the spices well.
- Put oil to the dry ingredients and mix generously to coat all the spices with oil.
- Now add dry mango pieces to the masala and mix with hands, so that all the mango pieces are well blended with masala.
- Transfer the achaar to the air tight clean dry container and close tight.
- Keep the container under sun for about 4 to 5 days stirring it occasionally.
- After around week, your tangy and spicy Aam ka Achaar will be ready for eating.