| Aam Ka Hing Wala Achar Recipe |
No Oil Quick Raw Mango khatta meetha Tasty aam ka hing wala achar is popular homemade pickle recipe prepared mostly in summers in India. Also try Aam ka achaar
Mango is all time favourite of every kitchen and is used in many recipes.
This recipe is the traditional one that I borrowed from my Mom <3
Raw Mango- 1 kg
Hing- 2 table spoon
Sugar- 5 to 6 table spoon
Salt- 5 to 6 table spoon
Red chilli powder- 3 to 4 table spoon
Garam Masala- 1 table spoon
- Wash, peel and slice raw mangoes. Transfer them in a large bowl and add salt, mix well and keep it soaked in salt overnight. This will extract water from mango slices.
- Next morning take out the mango slices, leaving the salt water in bowl for later use. Spread the slices under sun for 5 to 6 hours.
- After keeping the mango slices under sun for enough time, add the dried slices again in left over salty water.
- Season with salt, red chilli powder, garam masala, sugar and hing. Mix the ingredients well with mango slices.
- Transfer the pickle into a clean dry air tight container. Keep the container under sun for about a week.
- After a week the pickle is ready for eating.