| Aloo Samosa Recipe|
Aloo Samosa Recipe- Samosa or Aloo Samosa Recipe or Punjabi Samosa is a cone shaped/ triangle shaped snack recipestuffed with aloo matar stuffing and is the most popular evening snack. It is one of the most liked snacks in our house hold. It is the one street food that is famous from many decades and never will be out 😀
Samosa is experimented in variety of ways by stuffing it with onion masala or soya crunch, but this one with aloo stuffing is the traditional one and very easy to make.
Maida- 1 cup
Wheat flour- 1 cup
Potato- 1/2 kg
Peas (Matar)-1/ cup
Peanuts-2 table spoon
Salt- 2 table spoon
Red chilli powder-1 table spoon
Garam Masala-1/4 table spoon
Amchur (mango powder)- tea spoon
Coriander seeds-1/4 table spoon
Ajwain-1 tea spoon
Baking Powder-1 tea spoon
Oil- to fry
- Wash, boil and peel off potatoes to get ready for making final filling.
- Heat a spoon of oil in a pan and roast peanuts for a minute and add matar to the pan.
- Now add the roughly mashed potatoes to to the pan. Season with salt, red chilli powder, coriander seeds, amchoor powder and garam masala. Close the flame and keep the filling a side for later use.
- Sieve maida and atta in an open plate. Add 1/2 spoon of salt, ajwain and baking powder to the maida and mix well. Now add 1/2 cup (approx. 10 table spoons) of oil to the dry ingredients. Rub with hands to mix oil in all the maida.
- Knead the maida dough by adding little water at a time. Dough should be stiff as it gets softer later.
- Cover the dough with cotton cloth and leave it for at least 15 to 20 minutes. Knead the dough again for a while to give it a smooth texture.
- Now divide the dough into small ball size equal parts. Take one ball of dough and roll it to make a medium thickness poori size circle of around 5 to 6 inch diameter.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the circle into two parts making two semi circles. Paste little water on the cut side edge with your finger.
- Take the one semi circle part in hands and make a cone by joining the cut edges by sealing them one onto the other.
- Now put 2 to 3 spoons of stuffing in the cone and seal the round side using fingers.
- Similarly make all samosa patties.
- Heat oil in a deep frying karahi and fry 2 to 3 samosas at a time on low medium heat.
- Fry the samosas from both the sides till golden brown. Transfer the fried samosa on a paper to drain extra oil and serve the samosa with your favorite chutney or ketchup.