“Black Forest Cake” a German cake originally is the most favorite of mine. It is a combination of cocoa, flour and cherry syrup. Decorated on top with whipped cream, cherries and chocolate crunch. This is a nice colourful cake with interesting flavor that takes no time to melt in mouth.
All purpose flour-1 cup/ 200 gms
Cocoa Powder-4 table spoon
Condensed milk-1/2 cup
Whipped cream-1 cup
Cherry -20 to 25 pcs
Cherry juice-1/2 cup
Melted butter-4 table spoon
Baking powder-1 table spoon
Baking soda-1/4 table spoon
Vinegar-1 table spoon
Vanilla essence-1 table spoon
Chocolate- 4 to 5 pc
- Put flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda in a sieve and mix them well into a large open bowl.
- In another bowl, put milk, condensed milk, butter and mix well. Add vanilla essence and vinegar to the bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add dry mixed ingredients into milk mixture while stirring continuously. (You can add more or less milk as per the batter consistency. Batter should not be thick or runny)
- Now take a microwave safe dish and grease it with butter or oil. You can use butter paper at the bottom of the dish to avoid cake to stick at bottom. Transfer the ready batter to the greased dish and give a slight tap to remove air bubbles.
- Microwave the cake batter for 4 minutes and check if it is cooked with a tooth pick. (Put the tooth pick in the center of cake. If it comes out clean, your cake is baked)
- Let the cake cool down to room temperature and then cut the cake sponge into two halves.
- Meanwhile take half cherries, remove seeds and roughly crush the cherries. Crush the chocolates also and keep a side.
- Sprinkle cherry juice onto the cake sponges generously. (I have used tinned cherry pieces. It contain juice also that I have used in this step.) Spread whip cream on the top of one piece of cake sponge.
- Make a generous layer of crushed cherry on the cake layer.
- Place the second part of cake sponge on it and similarly cover it with cream and cherry pieces.
- Sprinkle chocolate crush on the side walls of cake and your Black Forest Cake is ready to melt in mouth.