|Bread Gulab Jamun Recipe|
Bread Gulab Jamun Recipe- Soft, spongy and melt in mouth Gulab Jamun dipped in sugar syrup is a perfect and easy to make recipe. This dish can be made in variety of ways and today I am sharing the easiest and quickest recipe – Bread Gulab Jamun made using bread as the main ingredient.
Also you can try Gulab Jamun with Khoya recipe, Dry Gulab Jamun recipe, Milk Powder Gulab Jamun recipe, Sweet Potato Gulab Jamun recipe.
Ingredients: (for 10 pieces)
Milk- 1 cup
Baking Powder-1 table spoon
Cardamom-2 to 3 pc
- Heat a pan at high flame. Add water and sugar to the pan and cook until a boil. Turn the flame to low.
- Add cardamom to the syrup and cook for a minute. No thread should be formed in the syrup consistency should be running.
For Gulab Jamun:
- Cut all the four brown edges of a bread slice and dip the slice in milk. Squeeze it to drain excess milk. Repeat this for all the slices.
- Take a large bowl and add all the squeezed slices to it. Add baking powder and mix well to make smooth dough.
- With wet hands, make small or medium balls (small balls will turn to 10 gulab jamuns and medium will give 7 to 8 gulab jamuns).
- Heat oil in a deep frying karahi or pan. Cook all the ready balls at low flame.
- Cook the gulab jamun balls till they get dark brown colour while continuously stirring.
- Once they are cooked, close the flame and shift the balls directly to the already prepared sugar syrup. Syrup should be hot not at boiling point.
- Keep the balls in the syrup for at least 1 hour and then serve as it is or warmed.