| Chana Dal Pulav Recipe |
Chana Dal Pulav Recipe- Pulav made with chana dal and basic vegetables like tomato, Potato and onion is the one of its own kind of pulav (rice) that I usually prefer to cook when I am short of vegetables. Dal Pulao is one of my favorite simplest recipe perfect for quick lunch or dinner.
Basmati rice-1 cup
Chana Dal-1/4 cup
Onion-1 medium pc
Tomato-1 medium pc
Potato- 1 medium pc
Ginger -1 inch stem
Clove (loung)-1 pc
Cardamom (bari elaichi)-1/2 pc
Red chilly powder-1 tea spoon
Coriander powder-1 tea spoon
Turmeric powder-1 tea spoon
Cumin seeds- 1 tea spoon
Garam masala-1 tea spoon
Mustard oil-5 to 6 table spoons
- Wash and Soak rice and chana dal for about 15-20 minutes.
- Cut onion, tomato and potatoes in thick slices and roughly shred ginger.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add clove, cardamom and cumin seeds. Cook till it cracks and add shredded ginger.
- Add onion slices and let it turn light brown in color.
- Now cooking at low flame, add tomato and potato slices. Season it with salt, chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala.
- Adding chana dal, cook at low flame for about 5-6 minutes.
- Now add soaked rice and 2 cups of water. Mix well and close the lid. Cook up to 2 whistles and close the flame.
- Serve the pulav hot with raita, papad or chutney.