|Dahi Gujia Recipe|
Dahi Gujia Recipe- Gujia Chaat is a street food famous all over North India. Urad Dal Vada is stuffed with dry fruits to make Gujias. These gujias are dipped thoroughly in curd and seasoned with chtapata masala and chutneys. At some places, Dahi Gujia Chaat is combined with papri also.
Gujias can be made and stored in refrigerator for 2-3 days and served as and when required. You can also try quick variant of vadas- instant vada recipe.
Urad dal-2 cup
Raisins (kishmish)-10-12 pcs
Almonds (badam)-10-12 pcs
Chopped Dry coconut- 3-4 spoons
Baking powder-1 table spoon
Chaat masal- 1 tea spoon
Bhuna jeera powder-1tea spoon
Imli chutney-4 table spoon
Dhania chutney-2 table spoon
Boiled potato-1 pc
- Soak dal in water for around 4-5 hours.
- Drain water and grind dal to make thick batter.
- Keep the batter at warm place for fermentation for about 2-3hours.
- When you want to make gujias, add salt and baking powder to the batter.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Take a bowl of water and wet your hands. Take a spoon full of batter and spread over your one palm in a form to about 3 inch diameter.
- Put mixed dry fruits in the center of spread batter.
- With wet fingers close the batter chapatti from all corners to make a gujia.
- Again wet your other hand and leave the gujia in oil for frying.
- Flame should be medium.
- Fry from both the sides till light golden. Similarly fry all the gujias.
- Dilute curd by adding milk and water. Beat the curd to make even consistency.
- Soak gujia in luke warm water for 1-2 minutes.
- Take a gujia from water and squeeze with palm. Place gujia in serving dish and cover it with lots of curd.
- Add chopped boiled potato. Sprinkle salt, cumin powder and chaat masala.
- Add imli chutney and dhania chutney. Gujia Chaat is ready to serve.