|Dal Palak Recipe|
Dal Palak Recipe is a healthy dish with all the nutritious contents both from dal and palak. Both dal and palak are blended together to form nice soft textured dish that is tasty for your tongue as well as healthy for your body. This dish goes well with makki or missi roti.
Spinach/ Palak- 1 bunch
Chana/ moong/ mothe dal-1/2 cup or 100 gm
Fresh green chilly-2 to 3 pc
Onion-1 large pc
Ginger- 1 inch stem
Methi dana- 1 table spoon
Turmeric powder-1 tea spoon
Red chilly powder-1 tea spoon
Ghee-1 table spoon
- Wash dal in a bowl and soak for 15 minutes. Clean and wash palak leaves under running water.
- Heat a pressure cooker and transfer dal to it with 1 cup water. Cook it for 2 whistles.
- Open the cooker and add all the palak to it. Add salt, chopped green chilly, red chilly powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook for 2 more whistles and meanwhile wash and chop ginger and onion.
- Heat a spoon of ghee in a pan and add methi dana to crack. Add chopped ginger and cook til golden brown. Now add chopped onion and saute at low flame til it gets light pink in colour.
- Open the cooker and blend dal palak using a blender. (hand blender or electric) Remember not to make it very runny or leave the leaves not mashed properly.
- Now add the dal palak paste to the tadka pan and mix well. Cook for another 5 minutes and the dish is ready for serving.
- Garnish it with raw onion, chilly and serve hot with makki ki roti or missi roti.