Baby potatoes-1/2 kg (you can also use normal size potatoes and cut them in halves)
Onion-3 medium pc
Tomato-3 medium pc
Ginger-garlic paste-1 table spoon
Green chilly- 2 pc
Clove (loung)-2 pc
Cardamom (bari ilaichi)-1 pc
Cinnamon (dal-chini)-1cm pc
Tej patta -2 leaves
Red chilly powder-1 tea spoon
Tomato ketchup- 1 table spoon
Soya sauce-1/2 table spoon
Coriander powder-1tea spoon
Cumin seeds- 1 tea spoon
Garam masala-1 tea spoon
Vegetable oil-to fry
- Peel off potatoes and wash them nicely to remove all the dust. (Cut into halves if size is bigger)
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and deep fry all the potatoes until golden brown.
- Using a fork make random piercings in fried potatoes and keep them aside.
- Heat a spoon of oil in sauce pan. Put tej patta, clove, cardamom, cinnamon and cumin seeds in oil to crack.
- Turn the flame low. Add ginger-garlic paste and grinded onion paste and cook to turn its color to light brown.
- Add tomato puree, chopped green chilly and cook at high flame with seasoning of salt, red chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala and ketchup.
- Now add fried baby potatoes at low flame and mix well to cover the potatoes with all the gravy.
- Cook for a minute and add 1/2 cup of water to cook at high flame for about 5-6 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and serve hot with any of the bread of your taste.