|Garlic Chilli Potato Recipe|
Garlic Chilli Potato Recipe- Crispy chilli potatoes in hot garlic sauce is a perfect semi dry starter dish for any party or can be combined with evening coffee. This is most liked Indo-Chineese dish in its kind of chilly recipes.
Even you can go for its sweeter version to cut down the spicy flavor with Honey Chilli Potato.
Potato-3 large pc
Onion-1 large pc
Garlic-5 or 6 pc
Ginger-1 inch stem
Green chilly-2 or 3 pc
Tomato ketchup-2 table spoon
Soya sauce-1 table spoon
All purpose flour-3 0r 4 table spoon
Red chilly powder-1 tea spoon
Chaat masala-1 tea spoon
Garam masala-1 tea spoon
Sesame-1 tea spoon
Oil- for frying
- Peel off and wash the potatoes in running water to remove dust.
- Cut the potatoes into long thick finger strips.
- Take a bowl to mix flour, pinch of salt and water to make thick batter. Dip the potato strips into the flour batter and leave it for marination.
- Finely chop onion, ginger, garlic and green chilly separately and keep aside.
- To prepare garlic sauce, heat a spoon of oil in a broad pan and add chopped ginger garlic. Cook them on low flame till they turn to golden brown.
- Add chopped onion and green chilly and stir fry to get light brown colour.
- Add salt, chilly powder, garam masala, chaat masala and soya sauce to the pan. Stir at low flame.
- Finally add tomato ketchup to give nice red colour to the garlic sauce.
- Add a spoon of water to the sauce and slow down the heat to minimum.
- For frying potato, heat oil in a deep frying pan and keep the flame at high.
- Deep fry marinated potato fingers in a small bunch till it gets brown and crisp. Do not fry all the potatoes at once, it will not give crisp to the dish.
- Once the colour of potato fingers comes out to brown, take it out from oil and add directly to the ready garlic sauce. Turn off the flame from sauce.
- Mix it well to coat all the potato fries with hot and spicy garlic sauce.
- Serve the dish hot and spicy with a pinch of white sesame sprinkled over the dish.