|Gur Mungfali Gachak|
Gur Mungfali Gachak- This is one of the sweets liked in winters. Lot of chikkis and laddus are prepared in Indian families during winters like Mungfali or Til ki Chikki, Mungfali Caramel Laddu, Til Gur ke Laddu. But Gur Mungfali Gachak is the most loved and taken as a sweet dish after meal in winters. This is the easiest and quickest recipe made out of just two main ingredients.
Peanuts/ Mungfali-1 bowl
Ghee-1 table spoon
Dry coconut-1/4 pc (optional)
- Heat a pan at low flame and slightly dry roast peanut seeds. Keep a side.
- Take dry coconut and cut small thin layers out of it. Keep a side for later garnishing.
- Heat a thick bottom non stick pan at low flame and add ghee to just warm it at low flame. Now add jagerry and stir continuously at low flame. Stirring is important now otherwise gur can get hardened and will make crystals or will get burnt leaving bitter taste.
- Once gur melts completely and syrup color will change to golden brown, add the roasted peanuts to the pan. Close the flame and mix both the ingredients quickly before it sets hard.
- Now rub little ghee on the flat surface and transfer all the mixture onto the surface.
- Using roll pin press the mixture finely to make a layer of around 1/2 centimeter. Sprinkle the coconut layers on the gachak and let it set until it gets completely cool.
- Now using a sharp knife, cut it into desired shape.