|Kabuli Chana Recipe|
Kabuli Chana Recipe- Kabuli chana, called white chick peas or Safed chana is a tempting dish for your dinner or lunch. This rich in masala dish is a lovable dish in all Indian families with poori or lachha parantha or rice.
Kabuli Chana- 2 cups
Onion- 2 medium pcs
Tomato-3 medium pcs
Green Chilly-2 pc
Ginger garlic paste-1 table spoon
Red chilly powder-1 tea spoon
Turmeric powder-1 tea spoon
Coriander powder- 1 tea spoon
Garam masala- 1 tea spoon
Cumin seeds-1 tea spoon
Chana masala powder-1 tea spoon
Fresh Coriander leaves- 1/2 bunch
Tej patta-2 leaves
Tej masala(bari elaichi, loung, dal cheeni)-2 small pc each
- Wash the chana in lot of water and Soak them overnight in almost 4 times water and a spoon of salt.
- Next morning, heat a pressure cooker and put soaked chana with same water, cloves, black cardamom and let it cook for around 20 minutes at medium flame.
- Check the chana to be cooked by pressing it with fingers. If ready, keep it aside
- Wash and chop coriander leaves, green chilly, onions and tomatoes separately. Keep a side.
- Heat a deep pan and cook a spoon of oil. At low flame, add tej patta, tej masala and cumin seeds till they crack.
- At this stage, add ginger garlic paste and cook until golden brown.
- Add chopped green chilly, onion and cook at low flame till it changes color to light brown.
- Add chopped tomato and cook at high flame till it gets soft.
- Season the cooked paste with little salt, red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder. Mix well and cook at low flame for 5 minutes.
- Now add ready masala into the boiled chana and mix generously by mashing the chana with ladle. This gives a thick consistency.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes at high flame and sprinkle garam masala, chana masala.
- Close the flame and garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.