| Khaman Dhokla in Microwave Recipe |
(Besan) Khaman dhokla microwave, is a tasty Gujarati snack. This salty snack has a texture similar to cake. This is a popular street food in Gujarat. The best snacks are usually easy and quick to make. This is a delicious snack, or side dish that can go with any meal.
For Dhokla batter-
Besan (Gram flour) – 1 cup
Suji (Rawa/ Semolina)- 1/4 cup
Curd- 1/2 cup
Salt-1 tea spoon
Turmeric powder- 1 tea spoon
Sugar- 2 tea spoon
Baking Powder- 2 tea spoon
Water- 1 cup
Sugar- 3 to 4 table spoon
Salt- 1 table spoon
Lemon juice- 1 table spoon
Green chilli- 3 to 4 pc
Curry leaves-5 to 6 pc
Mustard seeds- 1 table spoon
- Transfer besan, suji, salt, turmeric powder, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl. Mix allthe dry ingredients well.
- Add curd and water to make smooth batter for dhokla.
- Take a microwavable square bowl and grease it with little oil. Put the ready batter to the greased bowl and microwave it for around 4 2 to 3 minutes.
- Check the dhokla with knife. (dip the knife in dhokla, if it comes out clean then the dhokla is ready)
- Let the dhokla get cool at room temperature and then cut it into square pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves, chillies and mustard seeds to the oil.
- Add a cup of water, salt and sugar. Cook to the boil and close the flame.
- Now add lemon juice and spread the water over dhokla pieces.
- Let the dhokla absorb all the water to get nice watery spongy flavor and get cool in refrigerator or just at room temperature.
- Now you can serve and enjoy the khaman dhokla with sweet n sour tempering over it.