|Khatta Meetha Gobhi Gajar Shalgam Achar Recipe|
Khatta Meetha Gobhi Gajar Shalgam Achar Recipe- Delicious sweet pickle made with a combination of cauliflower, carrots and turnips. This is the most in demand achar recipe in winters. It is actually a combination of carrots, cauliflower and turnip famous as “ khatta meetha gobhi gajar shalgam achar ”.
But I have opted out turnip as I don’t like it very much. This is my mom’s traditional recipe full of sweet n sour flavors with gur n vinegar. We all love this achar so much that we eat it like any veggie.
White vinegar-2 table spoon
Red chilly powder-5 to 6 table spoon
Salt-10 to 12 table spoon
Garam masala-2 table spoon
Mustard oil-5 to 6 table spoon
- Wash both the vegetables under running water and cut into thick broad pieces.
- Boil water in a big open vessel at high flame. Wash all the vegetables in this water. Wash cauliflower before carrots and turnips otherwise all the dust can enter cauliflower pieces.
- Now let the vegetables get dry for 5 to 6 hours under sun.
- For final preparations, peel, wash and grate ginger. Heat mustard oil in an open tarka pan or karahi.
- Add shredded ginger to the karhai and cook at low flame till golden brown.
- Now add salt, chilly powder and garam masala to the karhai.
- Mix well and close the flame. Keep this ready mixture a side for later use.
- Heat another pan; add vinegar and gur at low flame to make sweet-sour syrup. Once the syrup is ready, close the flame.
- Add this vinegar and gur syrup to the ginger masala and mix well.
- Now slowly add washed and dried vegetables to this masala and mix well using hands or large spatula.
- Khatta Meetha Gobhi Gajar shalgam achar is ready to eat. For storage, keep this achar in an air tight container.