|Khatta-Meetha Hara Kaddu Recipe|
Khatta-Meetha Hara Kaddu Recipe- Khatta-Meetha Hara Kaddu (Green pumpkin) is the most loved dish accompanying poori in all north Indian families. Whether it is a festive season or a puja at home or just a simple breakfast, we just love to have poori kaddu combination. It is so popular in North India that you will easily find this dish in breakfast at streets.
Hara kaddu dissolves in spices so easily as it is full of water and is a quick recipe to make. Try it with poori and simple white radish (mooli) salad.
Green Pumpkin- 1 kg
Jaggery (gur)/ shakkar/ sugar-100 gm
Amchur powder / imli pulp- 2 table spoon
Fenugreek seeds (methi dana)- 1 table spoon
Ginger-Garlic paste-1 table spoon
Red chilly powder- 1 tea spoon
Turmeric powder- 1 tea spoon
Coriander powder-1 tea spoon
Garam masala-1 tea spoon
Green chillies-2 to 3 pcs
Mustard Oil-1 table spoon
- Wash the pumpkin and cut roughly into pieces. (Optionally you can remove the seeds, but I prefer the whole pumpkin)
- Heat a spoon of mustard oil in pressure cooker.
- When oil gets hot, add green chillies and fenugreek seeds to the oil and let them crack at low flame.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and let it turn to golden brown in color.
- Add salt, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder. Cook all ingredients at low flame for a minute. This will add a beautiful brown color to the dish.
- Now add pumpkin pieces and mix well to the masala. Add amchur/ imli and gur/sugar/shakkar. Mix well.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook at high flame up to 2-3 whistles.
- Close the gas, remove all the steam and open the lid of cooker. Add garam masala powder.
- Switch on the gas and mash the pumpkin using ladle at high flame to dry the extra water from the dish.
- Serve the sweetNsour green pumpkin(khatta meetha hara kaddu) with poori, boondi raita and latchha mooli.