|Lachha Paratha Recipe|
Simple chapati coated heavily with ghee/oil and given generous number of twists. This paratha is a crisp bread that is seen having many swirls called lachhas when it is cooked.
Wheat flour- 1 large cup
Green coriander- 5 to 6 stems
Ghee/Oil-10 to 20 table spoon
Water- for kneading the dough
salt-1/2 tea spoon
- Take off coriander leaves from its stem, wash and chop them nicely.
- Mix chopped coriander leaves, salt and wheat flour. Slowly add water and knead the dough for parathas.
- Take some dough to form a ball of around 2 inch diameter to make parathas.
- Using rolling pin, roll the dough to make a round chapati of about 10 inch diameter.
- Generously spread a spoon full of oil/ ghee on the chapati.
- Using knife cut the chapati into thin strips of about 1/2 inch width.
- Keep all the strips one upon the other and start rolling them to form a circle. Press with hand.
- Dusting dry flour, roll the dough again using rolling pin with soft hands.
- Heat tawa/flat pan, carefully transfer the parantha onto the flat pan/ tawa.
- Cook the paratha on tava very well from both the sides and apply ghee/oil on both sides.
- Hot, crispy and twisted Lachha paratha is ready for your meal. It goes well with any paneer recipe or other main course dish.