| Masala Dosa Recipe |
(for 5 to 6 dosa)
Urad dhuli dal-1/2 cup
Water- for soaking
Salt- to taste
Oil-1 table spoon
Chana dal-2 table spoon
Curry leaves-10 to 12 pc
Mustard seeds-1 table spoon
Red chill powder-1 tea spoon
Garam masala- 1 tea spoon
Mustard Oil-2 table spoon
Salt- to taste
For making Stuffing-
- Boil potatoes in a cooker. Soak chana dal for half an hour, peel and slice onion.
- Heat mustard oil in a karahi, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and sliced onion. Season with salt, chilli powder and garam masala.
- Add soaked chana dal and cook or a minute or two.
- Add mashed boiled potatoes and mix well all the ingredients to get nice flavored bhaaji.
For making Dosa-
- Soak rice and dal in water for 4 hours. Drain the water and make a smooth batter using grinder.
- Keep the batter for fermenting overnight at a warm place. Next morning put salt and water if required to get running consistency.
- For making dosa, heat a non stick dosa tawa, add few drops of oil and water to rub on tawa using a piece of paper or cloth.
- Put a ladle full of batter on tawa at high flame.
- Spread the batter using ladle firmly to get evenly thin crust of dosa on the tawa. Keep the flame low medium now.
- Put a big spoon of aloo bhaaji in the center of dosa and spread well in center to cover a strip. Let the dosa cook for a while until its sides start leaving the tawa.
- Turn the dosa from both the sides to seal the aloo bhaaji. Masala Dosa is ready.
- You can serve the dosa with nariyal chutney and sambhar.