| Masala Macaroni Recipe |
To cut the time for boiling Macaroni, I give it a whistle in pressure cooker. So you can give a try to this idea or you can go for usual boiling process.
Onion- 1 medium pc
Tomato- 1 medium pc
Ginger-1 inch stem
Garlic-2 to 3 pc
Tomato ketchup-1 tea spoon
Red chilly powder -1 tea spoon
Garam Masala-1 tea spoon
Oil-1 table spoon
Butter-2 table spoon
For boiling Macaroni-
- Heat a deep pan and boil 2 cups of water. When water comes to boil, add a tea spoon of oil and salt to the pan. Add macaroni and cook at medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once the macaroni is boiled, close the flame, Sieve the boiled macaroni and run it under cold water for 30 seconds. Keep a side.
- Heat a pressure cooker and add 2 cups of water, macaroni, 1 tea spoon of salt and 1 tea spoon of oil. Cook for a whistle and close the flame.
- Remove all the steam and open the lid. Sieve the boiled macaroni and run it under cold water for 30 seconds. Keep a side.
- Chop onion, ginger and garlic. Wash and cut tomatoes also into small chunks or you can slice them too.
- Heat 2 spoons of butter in a broad pan, add chopped ginger garlic and cook for a minute. Add chopped onions.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and give a nice stir. Cook the masala for 2 to 3 minutes at medium flame till they get soft. Season with salt, red chilly powder, garam masala. Mix well and cook for awhile at low flame.
- Now add boiled macaroni to the pan and add tomato ketchup and stir the macaroni very well to mix all the ingredients.
- Garnish the masala macaroni with chopped fresh coriander leaves and Serve the dish hot in your breakfast or your evening snacks or you can pack it for kids in their lunch.