|Matar Paneer Recipe|
Matar Paneer Recipe – A restaurant style North Indian paneer recipe with green peas and paneer simmered in onion tomato gravy. It is served with rice, roti, plain paratha, naan or poori. Matar paneer recipe Matar Paneer compliments a party menu or a weekend meal or when you have guests home. To make paneer mutter masala thick rich and creamy – cashews & cream are used. To make a regular matar paneer, just skip cream and cashews. There are so many ways this dish is made, the one i am sharing is a quick and easy one that tastes delicious.
Matar Paneer Recipe is another simple paneer recipe that goes well with Rice or any Indian bread. This is a common recipe that is been cooked in our kitchens from many many years and loved by every generation. Matar paneer recipe Specially in winters, when peas are easily available in market, matar paneer is the dish that is made often.
Matar paneer recipe Also it can be prepared using frozen peas available at grocery shops or frozen shops. Here I have made the dish using pressure cooker to cut down the time usage. Matar Paneer Recipe Also you can make it in dry version by cutting over the water used.
Cottage cheese/ Paneer-200 gm
Ginger- 1 inch stem
Garlic-4 to 5 cloves
Green Chilly-2 to 3 pc
Cumin seeds-1 tea spoon
Red chilly powder- 1 tea spoon
Coriander powder-1 tea spoon
Turmeric powder-1 tea spoon
Garam Masala-1 tea spoon
Fresh coriander leaves- 1/4 bunch
Salt- to taste
Sugar-1 tea spoon
- Cut paneer into cubes and peel off peas to get seeds out of it. It will be about 1 large bowl of pea seeds.
- Peel, wash onion and make rough paste of onion, ginger and garlic using a grinder. Similarly make smooth paste of tomato and green chilly. Keep a side.
- Finely chop coriander leaves and keep a side for final garnishing.
- Heat a spoon of oil in a pressure cooker and add cumin seeds to cook until they crack. Add onion paste and cook at medium flame until it turns to light golden in color.
- Now add tomatoes puree at high flame and stir continuously.
- Season the ready masala with salt, red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Add a spoon of sugar for balancing the taste of the dish.
- Adding peas seeds at this point and coating them in masala is very important as this makes the peas soft and blend them with tadka.
- Now slowly add paneer cubes and stir slowly at low flame.
- Add a bowl of water and mix at high flame. Close the lid and cook for 2 whistles.
- Finally open the cooker, and garnish with chopped fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with poori, Latchha Parantha or any of your favorite bread or just rice.