| Methi Mathri Recipe |
Methi Mathri Recipe- Methi mathri is a perfect tea time snack made from two basic ingredients- maida and kasuri methi. Here is a simple recipe for how to make crispy and tasty Indian methi mathri. This mathri recipe is a very crispy and delicious flaky biscuit prepared with all purpose flour, dry fenugreek leaves and a mix of spices. These mathri can be served with tea or coffee. You can store these mathri for 2-3 weeks in an air tight container.
Maida- 2 cup or 1/2 kg
Kasuri methi-1/4 cup or 50 gm
Salt- 1 table spoon
Baking Powder-1 table spoon
Oil- to fry
- Sieve maida in the open plate. Add salt, kasuri methi and baking powder to the maida and mix well. Now add 1/2 cup (approx. 10 table spoons) of oil to the dry ingredients. Rub with hands to mix oil in all the maida.
- Knead the maida dough by adding little water at a time. Dough should be stiff as it gets softer later.
- Cover the dough with cotton cloth and leave it for at least half an hour. Knead the dough again for a while to give it a smooth texture.
- Now divide the dough into small equal sized balls. Take a small ball in your palm and press it slightly using other palm.
- Similarly shape all the mathris and keep them in a plate.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan or a karahi. Once the oil is heated, test it so that it should not be very cold or very hot.
- Now slowly add mathris into the oil for frying. Fry at low medium flame from both sides until they get crispy light brown colour.
- When fried, drain on a paper or cloth to remove extra oil. Similarly fry all the mathris in batches.
- You can store these methi mathris in an airtight box for any time snacks.