|Milk Powder Gulab Jamun Recipe|
Milk Powder Gulab Jamun Recipe- Soft, spongy and melt in mouth Gulab Jamun dipped in sugar syrup is a perfect and easy to make recipe. This dish can be made in variety of ways and today I am sharing one of the easiest and quickest recipe of gulab jamun -Milk powder Gulab Jamun using dry milk powder as the main ingredient.
Also you can try Gulab Jamun with Khoya recipe, Dry Gulab Jamun recipe, Bread Gulab Jamun recipe, Sweet Potato Gulab Jamun recipe.
Ingredients: (for 10 pieces)
Everyday or any other Milk powder-1 cup or 250 gms
All purpose flour- 1 table spoon
Baking Powder-1 table spoon
Curd-3 to 4 table spoon
Ghee-1 table spoon
Cardamom-2 to 3 pc
- Heat a pan at high flame. Add water and sugar to the pan and cook until a boil. Turn the flame to low.
- Add cardamom to the syrup and cook for a minute. No thread should be formed in the syrup. Consistency should be running.
For Gulab Jamun:
- Take a large bowl and add milk powder, flour and baking powder to it. Mix the dry ingredients well to blend every thing.
- Now add curd, milk and ghee and mix well to make smooth dough. You can add more milk as required to make smooth dough.
- Wet your hands with little milk and take a spoon of dough to make small or medium balls (small balls will turn to 10 gulab jamuns and medium will give around 8 gulab jamuns). The balls will become double in size after frying.
- Heat oil in a deep frying karahi or pan. Cook all the ready balls at very low flame. Turn them around when colour starts changing and cook at low medium flame.
- Cook the gulab jamun balls till they get dark brown in colour while continuously stirring.
- Once they are cooked, close the flame and shift the balls directly to the already prepared sugar syrup. Syrup should be warm but not at boiling point.
- Keep the balls in the syrup for at least 1 hour and then serve as it is or warmed.