| Namkeen Maida Matar Recipe |
Namkeen Maida Matar Recipe- Today I am sharing with you a delicious tea time snacks recipe that is normally prepared during Diwali or Holi festival. Kids also love this snack a lot. Everyone loves to eat something salty and crispy with tea in morning and evening.
Maida- 2 cup or 1/2 kg
Salt- 1 table spoon
Ajwain-1 table spoon
Baking Powder-1 table spoon
Oil- to fry
- Sieve maida in an open plate. Add salt, ajwain and baking powder to the maida and mix well. Now add 1/2 cup (approx. 10 table spoons) of oil to the dry ingredients. Rub with hands to mix oil in all the maida.
- Knead the maida dough by adding little water at a time. Dough should be stiff as it gets softer later.
- Cover the dough with cotton cloth and leave it for at least 15 to 20 minutes. Knead the dough again for a while to give it a smooth texture.
- Now divide the dough into two equal parts. Take one log of dough and roll it to make a thin large chapatti.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough layer vertically into strips of about 1 cm broad.
- Again cut the strips horizontally to make matar strips similar to finger fries.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan or a karahi. Once the oil is heated, test it so that it should not be very cold or very hot.
- Now slowly add namkeen maida matar into the oil for frying. Fry at low medium flame from both sides.
- When fried, drain on a paper to remove extra oil. Similarly fry all the matar strips in batches.
- For storing this namkeen matar keep them in an air tight container and serve with hot tea or coffee.