|Pindi Chole, Pindi Chana Recipe|
Pindi Chole, Pindi Chana Recipe- Pindi chole are dark black chick peas also known as pindi chana or kala chana masala. This rich in masala dish is a gift from Rawalpindi and loved most in Indian families with poori or lachha parantha.
This is a very tasty alternative for usual recipes Chana masala or Kabuli Chana made every other day in our kitchens. It is made spicy and served hot at many dhabas in Punjab with tandoori roti and butter.
Kala Chana- 2 cups
Onion- 2 medium pcs
Tomato-2 medium pcs
Ginger garlic paste-1 table spoon
Red chilly powder-1 tea spoon
Amchur powder-1 tea spoon
Coriander powder- 1 tea spoon
Garam masala- 1 tea spoon
Cumin seeds-1 tea spoon
Chana masala powder-1 tea spoon
- Wash the chana in lots of water and Soak them overnight in almost 4 times water and a spoon of salt.
- Next morning, heat a pressure cooker and put soaked chana with same water, cloves, black cardamom and let it cook for around 20 minutes at medium flame.
- Check the chana to be cooked by pressing it with fingers. If ready, keep it aside
- In a blender, make rough paste of green chilly, onions and tomatoes separately. Keep aside.
- Heat a shallow frying pan and dry roast cumin seeds and make powder of it once cooled.
- Now heat a deep pan and cook a spoon of oil. Now add ginger garlic paste and cook until golden brown.
- Put green chilly paste, onion paste and cook at low flame till it changes color to light brown. Add tomato paste and cook at high flame with little water.
- Season the cooked paste with little salt, red chilly powder, coriander powder and amchoor powder. Mix well and cook at low flame for 5 minutes.
- Now add boiled chana and mix generously to blend all the masala flavors into chana. Add ¼ cup of water and Cook for another 5-7 minutes at high flame.
- Close the flame and sprinkle garam masala and chana masala. Mix well and serve hot with lemon flakes and puri or chapattis.