Poha Recipe- Flattened rice most famously known as Poha or Chiwda. Chiwda is a light and healthy breakfast recipe originally famous in Gujrat. Due to its nutritious values, now it is liked by all the Indian families. It is blended with vegetables or nuts depending upon the individuals taste.
I have experimented with usual recipe by adding tomatoes. Hope your kids like it.
Flattened rice (Chiwda)-1 cup
Chaat masala-1 tea spoon
Vegetable oil-5 table spoon
- Heat oil in a flat pan. Fry peanuts at low flame. Also peanuts can be dry roasted or baked.
- Add washed and finely chopped onion and tomatoes to the pan.
- Put chiwda (poha) in an open sieve and run them through water once. Drain the water completely.
- Add the washed chiwda in the pan and cook for a minute at medium flame.
- Season the poha with salt, turmeric powder and chaat masala. Mix it well to blend all the ingredients. Cook for a while and the dish is ready for you. Squeeze half a lemon on the top and serve.