|Poori, Puri Recipe|
Poori, Puri Recipe- One of its kind, Poori is liked by every Indian at almost any occasion or even without occasion. This Indian bread is eaten as a breakfast or as any meal and it is combined with any curry or bhaji. North Indian families love its combination with aloo curry and khatta meetha kaddu or petha. Also it is famous at streets with the name: Aloo-Kaddu-Puri.
Wheat flour-2 cup
Corn flour/sooji-1/2 cup
Ajwain-1 table spoon
Salt-1 tea spoon
Ghee-1 table spoon
Water- for kneading the dough
- Sieve wheat flour and corn flour/ sooji in an open vessel. Add salt, ajwain and mix well in the flour.
- Add ghee to the dry ingredients and mix well with hands.
- Now knead the mixed flour by slowly adding required water to prepare the dough.
- Dough should be in medium consistency, neither very hard nor very soft. Keep the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan at high flame. Make small balls from the dough of around 1 inch diameter.
- To prepare poori of about 3-4 inch diameter, put few drops of oil on the rolling surface and roll one ball at a time using rolling pin.
- Similarly make all the pooris and start frying them one by one from both sides at medium flame.
- Hot pooris are ready to be served with any curry or sabzi of your choice.