|Punjabi Aloo Gobi Recipe|
Punjabi Aloo Gobi Recipe- Punjabi Aloo Gobi is a vegetarian North Indian main course recipe served with almost any bread like Tawa Roti, Naan, Parantha, Poori etc. I usually prefer to add a side dish of any kind of dahi raita or dahi vada.
It is prepared giving a twist in the usual Jeera Gobi Aloo recipe. Aloo and Gobi are little fried and tossed in masala made of onion, tomato and variety of spices.
Gobhi (Cualiflower)- 1 kg
Aloo (Potatoes)-1/2 kg
Onion-1 medium pc
Tomato-2 medium pc
Ginger-Garlic paste-1 table spoon
Cumin seeds-1 table spoon
Amchur powder- 1/2 table spoon
Vegetable Oil-1 cup
Red chilly powder- 1 tea spoon
Turmeric powder- 1 tea spoon
Coriander powder-1 tea spoon
Garam masala-1 tea spoon
- Peel off potatoes and take off Cauliflower head. Wash both the vegetables separately.
Cut potatoes and cauliflower into medium size pieces and keep covered with cotton cloth to get away extra water.
- In a flat pan dry roast cumin seeds and grind roughly with your hands or rolling pin (belan). Keep it a side.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan (Karahi) and toss fry potatoes followed by cauliflower. Don’t over fry as we need only very light brown color.
- In the same pan using left over oil, cook ginger-garlic paste until golden brown and then put finely chopped onion.
- Once onion changes its color, add chopped tomatoes and little water until tomatoes get soft and masala blends completely.
- Add salt, chilly powder, turmeric, coriander powder and mix well for a minute.
- Now add fried potatoes and cauliflower and mix well into the cooked masala at low flame.
- Cover the dish with a plate for 5-7 minutes at low flame.
- Now put roasted cumin seed crush, amchoor powder and garam masala to the veggie and mix well.
- Cook for another 5 minutes under cover and then check by pressing a cauliflower stem with a spoon. If it is cooked, your dish is ready.
- Serve the Masala Gobi Aloo cooked in Punjabi style with your favorite bread and raita.