More commonly it is popular as Rajma Chaawal. Rajma is a rustic, traditional Indian meal that is cooked in households all over India. This is a simple, nutritious meal loved by all generations from our grand parents to our kids.
Kidney Beans-250 gm
Ginger -Garlic paste- 1 table spoon
Vegetable oil- 2 spoon
Cumin seeds-1 tea spoon
Red chilly powder- 1 tea spoon
Coriander powder-1 tea spoon
Turmeric powder-1 tea spoon
Garam Masala-1 tea spoon
Cream/Malai-1 table spoon
Sugar-1 tea spoon
Salt- to taste
- Soak kidney beans with salt in water for 6 hours. Then boil the beans in a pressure cooker for 20-25 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Make smooth paste of onion and tomato separately in a grinder.
- Heat oil in the Sauce pan and add cumin seeds. Add ginger-garlic paste and cook until it becomes light brown.
- Add onion paste and cook it at low medium flame until it gets starts leaving its aroma.
- Now add tomato paste and cook at high flame.
- Add chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, sugar and cream/malai. Stir continuously until paste gets thicker.
- Add half beans without curry to the paste and crush slightly with ladle. This will add creamy thick base to the dish.
- Now cook it for 2-3 min. and add remaining beans and curry. Cook it till it gets a boil.
- Now garnish with green coriander leaves and serve hot.