|Shahi Paneer Recipe|
Shahi Paneer Recipe- Shahi paneer is a preparation of paneer in a thick gravy made up of cream, onion and spices. It is mainly eaten with roti, naan, rice, other breads. This is one another easiest yummy creamy paneer dish.
Shahi Paneer is the dish with creamy texture but less cream in its recipe. Yes!!! basically onion puree is used as the main ingredient for the cream in the recipe. It is well famous in north restaurants and families. Shahi paneer is a rich paneer dish that can be served with latchha parantha, poori, naan or any other bread.
Cottage Cheese (Paneer)-200 gm
Onion-4 medium pc
Ginger-1 inch stem
Garlic-5 to 6 pc
Almonds-5 to 6 pc
Cashew-5 to 6 pc
Pistachio-5 to 6 pc
Tej patta-2 pc
Curd-4 to 5 table spoon
Cream or Malai-2 table spoon
Red chilly powder-1 tea spoon
Turmeric powder-1 tea spoon
Coriander powder-1 tea spoon
Sugar-1 tea spoon
Oil-2 to 3 table spoon
- Cut the paneer into square cubes of about 1 inch. Peel and wash onions, garlic and ginger. Cut the onions and ginger into large cubes.
- Heat a glass of water in a pressure cooker. Add onion pieces, ginger, garlic, almonds, cashew and pistachio. Cook for a whistle and keep a side for cooling.
- Once the mixture cools to room temperature, put it in grinder to make fine paste for gravy. Keep the left over water for further use in dish.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add tej patta, cloves and cardamom to crack.
- Add gravy paste to the pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until it starts changing colour.
- Add salt, chilly powder, turmeric powder to the cooked gravy masala. Mix well.
- Now add the stock (left over water) to the pan and mix well.
- In another dish mix curd and milk cream. Use whisk to remove all the lumps from curd and milk cream. Add it to the pan and cook till a boil comes.
- Now add cheese cubes to the gravy and mix gently.
- Cook for a boil and garnish with cream. Serve the dish with latchha parantha, naan or poori.