|Steamed Vegetable Momo Recipe|
To experiment and change its original flavor, I have also tried its other variants like Fried Vegetable Momo, Chilly Vegetable Momo, Cheese Momo, Noodle Momo, Tawa Momo (Kothey).
All purpose Flour (Maida)-200 gms
Onion- 1 large pc
Nutrela (Soya)-10 to 12 pc
Ginger-1 inch stem
Garlic-2 to 3 pc
Vegetable oil-4 table spoon
Soya sauce-1 tea spoon
Tomato ketchup-1 tea spoon
Chaat masala-1 tea spoon
- Sieve flour in a plate, mix a tea spoon of salt, a tea spoon of oil and knead using water. Dough should be tight.
- Keep the dough covered for 10 minutes with wet muslin or cotton cloth. After 10 minutes take a spoon of oil in hands and knead the dough again for smooth texture.
- For filling, soak the nutrela in hot water for 5 minutes and peel, wash all other vegetables.
- Chop finely ginger garlic together and all other veggies and soaked nutrela together in a chopper or food processor.
- Heat a spoon of oil in a tadka pan. Add chopped ginger garlic and cook till golden brown at medium flame.
- Now add chopped veggies and stir at low flame until all water gets dried.
- Season the veggies with salt, chaat masala and soya sauce. Mix well.
- Close the flame and add a spoon of ketchup and mix well. Keep a side for filling.
- To make momo shell, take a small ball of dough and roll using rolling pin in the circular shape like poori making edges thinner than middle part.
- Put a spoon full of ready filling in the middle of rolled momo shell.
- Start binding the edges to make momo in any shape of your choice. I have tried some shapes for reference.
- For steaming, boil glass of water in a deep pan or steamer. Put the sieve on top and sprinkle a pinch of salt in it to keep moisture in the steamer.
- Keep the momos in steamer and cover the lid. Steam the momos for 5 minutes at high flame.
- Close the flame and serve hot with momo chutney and mayonnaise.