|Suji ka Halwa Recipe|
Suji ka Halwa Recipe- Halwa made up of Semolina is not just a sweet dish in our Indian families, rather it gets a special place as it is connected to rituals also. Whether it is a puja at home or just hawan, suji ka halwa is always at the top of the list for prasad. Also in navratras, we make this dish for kanya pujan and for each and every good news coming our way…. we welcome it with this traditional sweet dish.
Semolina/ Suji-1/2 cup
Kishmish-12 to 15 pc
Coconut-1 inch pc
- Heat a deep pan and add water and sugar in it. Once water starts boiling, add kishmish and cook for a minute and close the flame.
- Grate the coconut into very fine powder and keep for garnishing.
- Heat a thick broad pan and add suji to it. Dry roast for a minute st low flame and add ghee.
- Cook the ghee suji mixture at low flame. Continuous stir the mixture as suji can be burnt quickly.
- Once it starts smelling sweeter and the colour of suji changes to light brown, slowly add the ready sugar syrup to the pan.
- At high flame stir it continuously in one direction else it can form lumps at this stage.
- Once it gets little harder, close the flame and transfer halwa to a serving bowl. Garnish it with crushed coconut powder and serve hot.