|Sambar Vada Recipe|
Vada and Sambar combination is now very much famous dish all over India. It is a Vada made of urad dal and chawal to be served with Sambhar. Adding chawal gives a crispy flavor to the vadas.
For a quick fix you can try instant vada recipe.
Urad dal-1 cup
Baking powder-1 table spoon
- Soak urad dal in water for around 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Drain water and grind both the ingredients to make thick batter. Keep the batter at warm place for fermentation for about 2-3hours.
- When you want to make vadas, add salt and baking powder to the batter.
- For frying vadas, heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Take a bowl of water and wet your hands. Take a spoon full of batter and spread over your one palm to about 3 inch diameter.
- For restaurant style vadas, make a hole in the center with a wet finger.
- Wet your other hand and leave the vada in oil for frying. Flame should be medium. Fry from both the sides till light golden.
- Similarly fry all the vadas.
- Vada is ready to serve with hot spicy Sambhar and nariyal chutney.