| Vegetable Chowmein Recipe |
Thin flat noodles-1/4 packet or 100 gm
Bell pepper-1 medium pc
Beans-5 to 6 stems
Brocoli-2 to 3 forests
Onion- 1 medium pc
Ginger-1 inch stem
Garlic-2 to 3 pc
Soya sauce-1 tea spoon
Tomato ketchup-1 tea spoon
White Vinegar-1 tea spoon
Red chilly powder -1 tea spoon
Oil-10 to 12 table spoon
- Boil 2 glass water in a deep pan with a tea spoon of salt. Once water starts boiling, put noodles in pan. Turn the flame to medium and let noodles boil for 5 minutes while giving occasional stir.
- Close he flame and transfer noodles to a sieve. Wash noodles generously under cold running water. Drain all the water and sprinkle a spoon of oil on to the noodles to avoid them to stick.
- Meanwhile wash and cut all the vegetables in thin long slices and keep a side for later use.
- Heat 4 spoons of oil an open pan. Add chopped ginger and garlic and cook till golden brown.
- Now add onion slices to the pan and cook for a while at low flame till it turns light pink in colour.
- Add all other vegetables and cook until they get soft and light in colour.
- Add soya sauce, ketchup and vinegar to the cooked veggies. Season with salt and chilly powder.
- Mix well and add drained noodles. Mix very well at medium flame to blend all the vegetables and noodles.
- Close the flame and serve hot chowmien in a serving dish with ketchup or any chutney of your choice.