|Vegetable Pulao Recipe|
Vegetable Pulao Recipe- Rice can be made and served in variety of ways and Vegetable Pulav is the one of its variant that has no need of any companion. vegetable pulao is a comfort one pot meal when we don’t have time to do elaborate cooking or you have to cook food on a short notice or in a quick time.
Winters gives us a huge variety of vegetables that adds aroma and flavor to the pulav. I have used carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, peas, onion and spices for this dish. Vegetables can be further added or removed as per your taste.
Basmati rice-1 glass
Spring onion-3 to stems
Onion-1 medium pc
Carrot-1 medium pc
Ginger-1 inch stem
Tej patta-2 pc
Cumin seeds-1 tea spoon
Coriander powder-1/2 tea spoon
Red chilly powder-1/2 tea spoon
Vegetable oil-5 to 6 table spoon
- Clean, wash and soak rice in water for about half an hour.
- Peel off peas and ginger. Shred ginger and cut all the vegetables roughly in medium size cubes.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add tej patta, cumin seeds, clove and cardamom. Cook till it starts cracking and leaves aroma in oil.
- Add onion and cook at low flame till it gets light brown colour.
- Now add all the vegetables and cook for 2 to 3 minutes till veggies get soft and little transparent.
- Season with salt, coriander powder and red chilly powder.
- Add soaked rice and mix well to blend all vegetables and rice.
- Add water to cover all the mixed ingredients (around 1 and 1/2 glass). Mix well and close the lid of cooker.
- Cook till 1 whistle and close the flame. Wait till steam gets off at its own.
- Open the lid and mix rice well. Serve the vegetable pulao hot with papad and chutney.