Here are some wonderful recipes for Veg Thai Green Curry with vegetables. Prepare Thai Green Curry Paste ahead of time and make this curry on the go for a quick weeknight dinner and serve alongside hot steamed rice or fried rice.
Vegetarian Thai Green Curry is close to authentic Thai made with homemade Thai Green Curry Paste with fresh vibrant hot peppers and green coriander leaves, ground with lemongrass, I like to load it with the choicest vegetables to make it simply delicious and spicy.
I personally like my curry to be green, so grind up some fresh coriander leaves, or even Italian parsley, for a touch of emerald.
Serve Vegetarian Thai Green Curry Recipe with a side dish of steamed rice or jasmine rice to enjoy your meal Thai-style.
The choice of vegetables for curry is solely your choice and taste. You can choose from the following combinations. The list can be so imaginative that I just like to play with colors when I add my vegetables to the curry. So go ahead with yours.
1. Broccoli, Carrots and Bamboo Shoots
2. Red Bell Peppers, Zucchini, Apple
3. Pineapple and Peas
4. Peppers, Snow Peas, Tofu
5.Yams, Mushrooms, Ginger
How to make Vegetarian Thai Green Curry Recipe
- To begin making the Vegetarian Thai Green Curry recipe, we will first make the Thai Curry paste.
- To do that, we will first have to prepare the lemongrass. We will first have to trim away and discard any root section below the bulb base. We will also now remove the dried part of the root until we reach a stage we know that the root cuts easily and is tender.
- We don’t use the leaf part of the lemon grass for the curry paste, you can use it for flavouring a tea or a soup.
- Continue the same procedure for the remaining lemon grass stalks.
- Add all the ingredients for the paste into a blender and a little bit of water. Cover the blender and grind the mixture to make a smooth paste.
- After a few seconds of grinding, open the blender and stir to combine the rest of the ingredients that are required to make the paste – green chillies, coriander leaves, basil leaves, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns, onions, spring onions, garlic, ginger and salt.
- If required add a little more water to grind into a smooth paste.
- Transfer the Thai curry paste and store it in a glass jar. You only need to use 3 tablespoons of the paste for a single recipe of Thai curry. So with this paste you will be able to make Thai curry at least 3 times over.
Method to make the Thai Green Curry
- Next we will proceed to make the Vegetarian Thai Curry with this paste. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a heavy wok. Add in the vegetables like carrots, zucchini, broccoli and bell peppers.
- Add in some salt and stir fry the vegetables on high heat until lightly tender. Once tender turn off the heat and keep aside.
- Add a teaspoon of oil into the hot wok, next add in 2 to 3 tablespoons of the Thai curry paste and saute for a few seconds in the oil.
- Next add in a cup of water and stir to combine into the curry. Next we will add in a tablespoon of brown sugar and finally 400 ml of the coconut milk.
- Stir to combine all the ingredients. Once combined, add in the salt, stir and allow the mixture to thicken a little and come to a boil.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, add in some torn basil leaves and the stir fried vegetables. Stir the mixture, give it a light boil and the Vegetarian Thai curry is ready to be served.
- Serve the Vegetarian Thai Green Curry Recipe with a bowl of Steamed Rice or Jasmine Rice to enjoy your Thai style Meal.